[Vietnam] [Hanoi] -Human Resources Manager -[National only]
This position is responsible to providing managerial oversight and guidance to the day to day Human Resources (HR) activities and tasks, application/interpretation of SCI HR policies and procedures, and coaching/ mentoring staff members as well as to oversee the HR Management System (Oracle, Taleo).
This position requires exceptional leadership skills to guide the development of SCI’s Human Resource base; grow technical, management, and leadership skills among individuals; use innovative approaches to hire the best talent for the organization. This position also requires creative decision and independent judgment. The decisions are typically made in order to resolve, adapt, develop solutions and recommend changes. In addition, using a positive and service-oriented communication style, the role will be able to influence how the service is managed to truly support and make a difference to the organization.
This position will also play a key role in ensuring SCI’s core values are a living presence within the daily work, promoting a culture of customer services and staff wellness/duty of care for all employees.
In the event of a major humanitarian emergency, the role holder will be expected to work outside the normal role profile and be able to vary working hours accordingly such participate in the emergency response team and carry out responsibilities outlined in the Emergency Response Operation Platform and/or assigned by the line manager.
Manage and Lead Organizational Development and Staff Development Initiatives:
As a member of country extended management team, contribute to:
- Strategic planning process and overall management of the country programme
- Use resources in a way that benefits children the most, while effective applying internal HR Management systems (Oracle and Taleo) , structures, to ensure compliance and transparency.
- Risk management and mitigation should be integrated in the decisions taken by Extented Senior Management Team.
- Work with the Senior Management Team member to establish Safeguarding protocal for Vietnam country office to ensure compliance with SCI’s Safeguarding framework and policies.
- Develop transition plans for any change for organizational development and facilitate implementation
- Plan, design and manage mission-wide organization development and culture of customer service and staff wellness for the organization
- Develop learning and development plan for country office including resource allocations and coordinate implementation, and proactively discuss with SMT member to address the need for both technical and soft skills development
- Identify creative approaches to develop staff and encourage the growth and expansion of their skillsets.
- Develop and lead the talent identification, talent development and succession management process to ensure that the organization has high performing and a ready supply of staff with the requisite skills and competencies.
- Ensure that there is an up to date record of all the trainings and other development initiatives in the Learning Management System
Manage and Lead Human Resources Develpment:
Human Resource Strategy, Planning and Policy
- Develop the HR strategy and workplan to be aligned with SCI Global Strategy, Essential Standard and take lead the implementation of the strategy and plan
- Lead the annual workforce planning in line with country strategic plan: resources needed for scaling up/down; new thematic/project work; humanitarian responses and to support master budget development.
- Ensure all personnel policies and procedures are equitable, fair and consistently followed and they are also in accordance with the organisation’s goals, statutory requirements, and SCI's human resources policies, reviewing policies regularly for improvement or further development.
- Work closely with all departments to ensure that adequate HR inputs are provided and incorporated during development and implementation of all projects/programs
- Manage and improve CO HR Dashboard with Key Performance Indicators
Recruitment and Retention
- Develop innovative and agile recruitment strategy to respond to the strategic direction and needs of the organization as well to attract high potential candidates
- Oversee the recruitment process (including E-Recruitment System) to make sure that it complied with Global Safe Recruitment Policy and Donors Procedures. Ensure recruitment equality within the area of work, particularly in the selection process and assure all steps in hiring processes are completed in an appropriate and timely manner.
- In collaboration with the hiring manager, ensure all applications are shortlisted based on the required qualifications and assist them in developing interview tools. Provide training to all hiring managers to effectively interview and recruite the right applicant for the role.
- Ensure quality of and oversee onboarding induction process and make sure that new onboarded staff received proper orientation from relevant departments and takes all mandatory online courses.
- Design and manage staff retention strategies to ensure that the organisation acquires and retains a qualified workforce capable of meeting organisational challenges in both development and emergency contexts.
- Manage the end-to-end deployment process (reassigning internal staff; surge capacity deployments, Global Humanitarian Register, Regional Roster, contracting/deployment agreements, post-deployment debrief)
- Manage/update HR emergency preparedness plan and support staff affected by the emergency
Manage Develop to Perform (DtP) process:
- Lead the implementation of Develop to Perform process that includes annual goal setting and quarterly reviews including maximize using of Human Resources Management System;
- Ensure that Line Managers have an awareness and understanding of Develop to Perform process and principles
- Work closely with Line Manager to ensure all new staff must have clear probation objectives and review to be set up and carried out so that underperformance is managed promptly.
- Manage the underperformance process and provide all necessary support to line manager in managing staff under performance (including performance improvement plans and disciplinary sanctions)
Compensation and Benefits:
- Monitor and ensure the benefits, both salary and non salary, are fair, competitive with the marketplace, and sustainable, and in line with SCI policies for all employees, including short term and/or employees in emergencies, as well as volunteers.
- Conduct and analyse regular salary review to ensure SCI’s salary bands are competitive within industry norm.
- Ensures that all staff profile changes, including newly hired, promoted, transferred, secondments, and other amendments to salaries are updated in the system and inform finance team.
Legal and Compliance:
- Ensure all HR policies and procedures are in full compliance with local law and registered with relevant ministries as needed
- Coordinate with related local authorities and Supply Chain and Admin Manager on legal compliance such apply employment workbook, work permit, registration employment contract for foreigner staff, staff movement declaration and assist staff for health check up;
- Ensure there is appropriate vetting (including anti-terrorism) for consultant, employees, partners and other related parties before engaging them in a legal contract
- Manage and audit staff data and records in line with local legislation and SCI procedures, including Data Protection Policy
Internal and External Relation:
- Manage the overall employee relations and disciplinary actions for the organization, functioning as the point person to provide assistance and guidance to SMT
- Advise SMT on appropriate actions for prevention and response to any legal issue arising out of Save the Children’s work or employment, coordinate actions with legal counsel
- Display strong leadership and be confident in providing consultation related with HR Policies and to support the implementation of organisational changes.
- Implement and follow up employee engagement initiatives (including survey and local initiatives)
- Build and maitain HR network with other agencies by regularly attending HR network meeting to learn and upgrade HR knowledge, compliance and best practice.
- Parcipate in partnership selection and assessment, and provide support for capacity building of partners including fraud and child safeguarding training.
Master Degree in Human Resources Management or in Business/Public Administration or in other related field. Extensive and substantive relevant practical experience may be considered in lieu of a Degree.
EXPERIENCE AND SKILLS
- 5 – 7 years management experience in a corporate or an NGO environment, of which three at a management level within the HR department, including experience in the development and implementation of HR strategic and operational plans.
- Experiennce in working with the local authorities, including at Ministry level
- Strong business acumen and the ability to contribute to strategic decisions
- Ability to plan and organize a substantial workload that includes complex, diverse tasks and responsibilities in both development and emergency contexts
- Strong, collaborative interpersonal skills with the ability to lead through periods of change
- Leadership skills, including the ability to supervise, delegate, coach and mentor both individuals and teams.
- Ability to coach, mentor, delegate appropriately and provide developmental guidance to supervised staff
- Willingness and ability to dramatically change work practices and hours, and work with incoming surge teams, in the event of emergencies
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills
- Excellent oral and written communication skills in English
- Competent level skills in core IT application, particularly MS Office (Microsoft Words, Excel, PowerPoint and Access)
- Knowledge of database application is a plus
We employ approximately 25,000 people across the globe and work on the ground in over 100 countries to help children affected by crises, or those that need better healthcare, education and child protection. We also campaign and advocate at the highest levels to realise the right of children and to ensure their voices are heard.
We are working towards three breakthroughs in how the world treats children by 2030:
- No child dies from preventable causes before their 5th birthday
- All children learn from a quality basic education and that,
- Violence against children is no longer tolerated
We know that great people make a great organization, and that our employees play a crucial role in helping us achieve our ambitions for children. We value our people and offer a meaningful and rewarding career, along with a collaborative and inclusive workplace where ambition, creativity, and integrity are highly valued.
Closing Date for Application: 4th June, 2020
We need to keep children safe so our selection process, which includes rigorous background checks, reflects our commitment to the protection of children from abuse.
All employees are expected to carry out their duties in accordance with our global anti-harassment policy.
Date advertised: 21 May 2020
Closing date: 4 Jun 2020 - 23:59 +07
Location: Hanoi, Vietnam
Department: Human Resources
Type: Fixed-term contractSchedule: Full-time