Construction Consultant (Hansol)
Save the Children’s vision is a world in which every child attains the right to survival, protection, development and participation. Our mission is to inspire breakthroughs in the way the world treats children, and to achieve immediate and lasting change in their lives.
Save the Children started our work in Vietnam in 1990, and implements programs in the key thematic areas: Education, Health and Nutrition, Child Protection, Child Rights and Governance, Child Poverty, Disaster Risk Reduction (DRR) and Emergency Response. At present, Vietnam Country Office has programs in 20 out of 63 provinces in Vietnam.
Save the Children in Vietnam continues to develop innovative programming that reflects the overall strategic goal of measurably improving the survival, health, protection and development of Vietnam’s poorest children by strengthening the capacity of women and children, caring adults, communities and partner organizations. Save the Children is committed to ensuring that all our personnel and programs are absolutely safe for children.
Child safeguarding positioning statement:
We need to keep children safe so our selection process, which includes rigorous background checks, reflects our commitment to the protection of children from abuse.
We are looking for a Vietnamese national for Consultancy service.
Main Objectives: To examine the technical designs/drawings, cost estimates and construction supervision for the construction works in Dien Bien Dong district, Dien Bien province and advice on the necessary adjustments to ensure that the technical requirements are met and the cost estimates are efficient.
- Review the technical designs and cost estimates of the construction works of Dien Bien Dong district (Muong Luan, Pu Nhi and Phi Nhu communes) To ensure that the technical designs of the construction works meet the technical requirements and the estimated costs are reasonable.
- Write a report to provide concrete recommendation on the necessary adjustments for the designs and cost estimations of the construction works
- Review the revised technical designs and cost estimations by the partners or their consultants in case any revision is required.
- Supervise contractors during construction process to ensure that construction works meet requirements of their technical designs.
- Sign off the construction works to handover to partner for usage.
- Prepare final consultancy report
- A short review report that (i) points out any issues from technical designs and cost estimates of the construction works prepared by the local partners, and (ii) provides concrete recommendations on the necessary adjustments for those designs and cost estimates to ensure proper technical requirements and sound cost estimations.
- A confirmation for the acceptability of the revised/adjusted (if any) technical designs and cost estimates by the partners.
- A supervision report on construction works that documents details for all supervion trips.
- Final consultancy report
- University degree in a relevant discipline, e.g. construction and engineering
- 3-5 years experience in construction design and costing
- Valid certificates for designing and appraising construction designs and cost estimation.
- Experience on North-West area context
The complete TOR of the position can be downloaded here.
Please send CV and relevant documents to 4th Floor, Mercury Building, No. 444 Hoang Hoa Tham street, Tay Ho District Hanoi or by Email: Vietnam.HR@savethechildren.org
The closing date for application is 5 pm on 31 May 2018. Applications will be treated in confidence. Due to the volume of applications we receive, only short-listed candidates will be contacted and CVs cannot be returned.
Save the Children is an equal opportunities employer. Our selection processes reflect our commitment to the protection of children from abuse, and our people are as diverse as the challenge we face. We welcome applications from all qualified candidates, regardless of age, disability, HIV/AIDS status, race, national origin, religion, or sexual orientation.