Sponsorship Innovation Lead
Save the Children International has an exciting opportunity for you to join our team as the Sponsorship Innovation Lead remotely/London or at any existing Save the Children International office location.
In early 2022, after a review process, the Save the Children’s global Sponsorship program launched their new program guidelines. The new direction of Sponsorship will engage country offices, communities and partners in all aspects of Sponsorship to identify which children are not yet included, understand the underlying causes as to why, and work collaboratively to overcome those barriers. Through long-term program commitment to partner with communities (10+ years), insistence on program quality and provision of stable funding, the future Sponsorship model will demonstrate social change and improved outcomes for children by addressing underlying causes of discrimination and requiring mandatory innovation in program designs.
Working in an agile/multi-disciplinary team environment, the Innovation Lead- Sponsorship will be a great collaborator, building strong relationships and cutting through boundaries, in a fast-moving and dynamic environment. The role will work closely with the Head of Evidence and Learning, Managing Director of Sponsorship and the Director of the Global Centre of Excellence for Innovation. Leveraging agile principles, you'll enable your team to flex and adapt - learning rapidly and responding to change, while keeping our supporters at the heart of everything you do. You will be the catalyst for innovation in our 20 country offices using a human centred design approach, providing on demand innovation advisory and monitoring support to Country Offices. You will lead a team of 8 innovation champions in Country Offices to scale innovation within the Sponsorship Program, and support the implementation of Knowledge management strategy for innovation with particular focus on capturing, curating and disseminating knowledge on innovations.
You will use your excellent relationship building skills to provide a critical link between Save the Children’s global and country level innovation work and external innovation sector, leveraging learnings of best practice. This role will lead the development of an innovation strategy, and strengthen both Sponsorship Program Quality Impact and Evidence and Learning technical offers to capture evidence on what works to end inequality and discrimination and tackle some of the biggest problems of today.
EXPERIENCE AND SKILLS
- Passion and experience in social innovation and entrepreneurship
- Experience in innovation methodologies including human centred design, user experience, co-design, and lean/agile methods
- Proven experience and understanding of policy, advocacy, research, evaluation, business, and finance
- Demonstrated ability to cultivate, build, influence and maintain strong working relationships with individuals from diverse backgrounds and perspectives including programmatic, policy and advocacy technical experts that may have low capacity in business and finance acumen.
- Track record of storytelling, visualisation & prototyping of ideas successfully & efficiently
- Experience taking at least one innovation to scale
- Demonstrated ability to think critically/strategically, analyse complex information and offer creative, practical and effective solutions
- Ability to give professional support and direction to others
- Excellent written and verbal communications skills, and an ability to produce and disseminate products to a variety of audiences
- An individual who embraces change & welcomes challenge with an open, participative & transparent style
- Highly skilled at facilitation –working with groups to uncover their creativity & problem-solving ability
- High level of fluency in English, both verbal and written.
- Willing and able to travel to COs to support field teams and lead particular pieces of work
- Proven ability to build strong collaborative networks and influence, externally and internally
- Strong remote-working abilities.
- Experience of working in Innovation or NPD in agency, consultancy, commercial and/or charity sector
- MBA or higher degree in relevant field
- Languages: French, Spanish, Arabic
We can offer circa £60,000 per annum (If based in UK) with an option of flexible working hours. If the role is based outside of the UK, National T&C (including pay) will apply.
This role can be based in London or any existing Save the Children International Regional or Country office location on approval, provided the successful candidate has proof of eligibility to work from the preferred location.
Where we Work - Where We Work | Save the Children International
We employ approximately 25,000 people across the globe and work on the ground in over 100 countries to help children affected by crises, or those that need better healthcare, education and child protection. We also campaign and advocate at the highest levels to realise the right of children and to ensure their voices are heard.
We are working towards three breakthroughs in how the world treats children by 2030:
- No child dies from preventable causes before their 5th birthday
- All children learn from a quality basic education and that,
- Violence against children is no longer tolerated
We know that great people make a great organization, and that our employees play a crucial role in helping us achieve our ambitions for children. We value our people and offer a meaningful and rewarding career, along with a collaborative and inclusive environment where ambition, creativity, and integrity are highly valued.
Please attach a copy of your CV and cover letter with your application, and include details of your salary expectations. A copy of the full role profile can be found at www.savethechildren.net/careers/apply
We need to keep children safe so our selection process, which includes rigorous background checks, reflects our commitment to the protection of children from abuse.
All employees are expected to carry out their duties in accordance with our global anti-harassment policy.
Save the Children does not charge a fee at any stage of the recruitment process.
Date advertised: 9 Sep 2022
Closing date: 21 Oct 2022 - 06:59 +07
Location: Worldwide, Worldwide
Department: Programme Operations
Type: PermanentSchedule: Full-time