Save the Children International has an exciting opportunity for you to join our team as the PMO Analyst in London or any existing Save the Children International office location.
The PMO Analyst is a key member of the Portfolio Management Office team. This team is responsible for defining and maintaining the standards for portfolio management within the organisation, across 60 Country and Regional offices and 29 Member organisations.
The PMO Analyst will be the PMO business partner for a sub-set of the projects within the Transformation Portfolio and is responsible for:
- Driving development and adoption of good practice
- Coaching Project Managers and Project Leads in the application Transformation Delivery Lifecycle and PMO controls to their projects, including stage gate preparation
- Oversight of projects’ delivery status, risks and issues and plans, ensuring effective management of interdependencies, and escalation and intervention to senior leadership as required.
EXPERIENCE AND SKILLS
- Knowledge of project, programme, and portfolio management practices, standards, and methodologies.
- Significant prior experience in a PMO role, ideally in a programme or portfolio management office.
- Experience in the use of project and portfolio management tools such as Project Online.
- Experience of supporting tools and good practice adoption.
- A proactive and solutions-orientated approach; excellent problem solving skills, and the ability to identify and implement solutions.
- Able to build strong relationships within the organisation and influence others.
- Flexible and pragmatic attitude to work, happy to support others to achieve team goals.
- Ability to work at pace while maintaining high quality standards.
- Excellent communication skills, fluent in written and spoken English.
- Confident user of standard Microsoft applications, including MS Project, Excel, PowerPoint, and SharePoint.
- A commitment to Save the Children values.
- INGO experience.
- A second language. Preferably French, Spanish, Portuguese or Arabic.
We can offer circa £39,900 per annum (If based in UK) with an option of flexible working hours. If the role is based outside of the UK, National T&C (including pay) will apply.
This role can be based in London or any existing Save the Children International Regional or Country office location on approval, provided the successful candidate has proof of eligibility to work from the preferred location.
Where we Work -Where We Work | Save the Children International
We employ approximately 25,000 people across the globe and work on the ground in over 100 countries to help children affected by crises, or those that need better healthcare, education and child protection. We also campaign and advocate at the highest levels to realise the right of children and to ensure their voices are heard.
We are working towards three breakthroughs in how the world treats children by 2030:
- No child dies from preventable causes before their 5th birthday
- All children learn from a quality basic education and that,
- Violence against children is no longer tolerated
We know that great people make a great organization, and that our employees play a crucial role in helping us achieve our ambitions for children. We value our people and offer a meaningful and rewarding career, along with a collaborative and inclusive environment where ambition, creativity, and integrity are highly valued.
Please attach a copy of your CV and cover letter with your application, and include details of your salary expectations. A copy of the full role profile can be found at www.savethechildren.net/careers/apply
We need to keep children safe so our selection process, which includes rigorous background checks, reflects our commitment to the protection of children from abuse.
All employees are expected to carry out their duties in accordance with our global anti-harassment policy.
Save the Children does not charge a fee at any stage of the recruitment process.
Date advertised: 28 Jan 2022
Closing date: 10 Oct 2022 - 06:59 +07
Location: Worldwide, Worldwide
Department: Business Transformation
Type: Fixed-term contractSchedule: Full-time