Product Operations Officer (Technology 4 Development)
Save the Children International has an exciting opportunity for you to join our team as the Product Operations Officer (Technology 4 Development)in London or any existing Save the Children International office location.
The Product Operations Officer sits within the Digital Programming team that is part of the Transformation Delivery department within Save the Children International. This team is responsible for ensuring that we realise the full potential of digital technologies in our programming and that we deliver a greater impact to far more children across 60 Country and Regional offices and 29 Member organisations. In 2022 we will be introducing new field data collection tools and other technologies that will enhance the efficiency, effectiveness and reach of our programming. This role will be central to ensuring the successful adoption and usage of these tools.
The role holder will be responsible for establishing and maintaining the required project and portfolio management reporting including risk and issues logs, dependencies, status updates etc. In addition, they will manage the Project and Change Management deliverables as part of the defined Save the Children Project Lifecycle examples including the Project Plan, stakeholder matrix, Change and Comms Plan, Change Impact Assessment etc. Core to this role will be ensuring effectively alignment with wider transformation initiatives as well as effectively managing relationships with key stakeholders and driving continuous improvements.
EXPERIENCE AND SKILLS
- Proven experience of navigating complex matrix organisations using your stakeholder management skills to understand and influence stakeholders across all levels of the organisation
- Strong communication skills (fluent written & oral English), including the ability to communicate with different types of audiences with different levels of understanding of the subject matter
- Experience and capability in change management
- Experience of identifying and delivering process improvements - you are always looking for ways to make things more efficient and streamlined
- Experience of identifying training needs and designing and delivering training to meet those needs
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills, comfortable with the unknown
- Good project management skills with experience of working across the project lifecycle
- Experience working across multiple functions and geographies
- True passion for results, responsibility and proactivity
- Competent in Excel and PowerPoint
- Willingness and ability to travel
- Affinity, knowledge and experience of working with a standardised project/change methodology
- Experience of working in a product function
- INGO experience
- Competent in Power BI
- A second language, preferably French, Spanish or Arabic.
We can offer circa £31,000 per annum (If based in UK) with an option of flexible working hours. If the role is based outside of the UK, National T&C (including pay) will apply.
This role can be based in London or any existing Save the Children International Regional or Country office location on approval, provided the successful candidate has proof of eligibility to work from the preferred location.
Where we Work -Where We Work | Save the Children International
We employ approximately 25,000 people across the globe and work on the ground in over 100 countries to help children affected by crises, or those that need better healthcare, education and child protection. We also campaign and advocate at the highest levels to realise the right of children and to ensure their voices are heard.
We are working towards three breakthroughs in how the world treats children by 2030:
- No child dies from preventable causes before their 5th birthday
- All children learn from a quality basic education and that,
- Violence against children is no longer tolerated
We know that great people make a great organization, and that our employees play a crucial role in helping us achieve our ambitions for children. We value our people and offer a meaningful and rewarding career, along with a collaborative and inclusive environment where ambition, creativity, and integrity are highly valued.
Please attach a copy of your CV and cover letter with your application, and include details of your salary expectations. A copy of the full role profile can be found at www.savethechildren.net/careers/apply
We need to keep children safe so our selection process, which includes rigorous background checks, reflects our commitment to the protection of children from abuse.
All employees are expected to carry out their duties in accordance with our global anti-harassment policy.
Save the Children does not charge a fee at any stage of the recruitment process.
Date advertised: 12 Jan 2022
Closing date: 28 Jan 2022 - 06:59 +07
Location: Worldwide, Worldwide
Department: Business Transformation
Type: PermanentSchedule: Full-time