- Accountability: We take personal responsibility for using our resources efficiently, achieving measurable results, and being accountable to supporters, partners and, most of all, children.
- Ambition: We are demanding of ourselves and our colleagues, set high goals and are committed to improving the quality of everything we do for children.
- Collaboration: We respect and value each other, thrive on our diversity, and work with partners to leverage our global strength in making a difference for children.
- Creativity: We are open to new ideas, embrace change, and take disciplined risks to develop sustainable solutions for and with children.
- Integrity: We aspire to live to the highest standards of personal honesty and behaviour; we never compromise our reputation and always act in the best interests of children.
Save the Children has an ambition to inspire three breakthroughs for children by 2030:
- SURVIVE: No child dies from preventable causes before their fifth birthday
- LEARN: All children learn from a quality basic education
- BE PROTECTED: Violence against children is no longer tolerated
How we improve children’s lives
Save the Children uses a holistic approach to help us achieve more for children, and to use our resources in an efficient and sustainable way.
In every program we aim to:
- Innovate: develop and prove evidence-based, replicable solutions to the problems children face
- Achieve results at scale: by expanding effective and sustainable approaches
- Be the voice: campaign for better practices and policies to fulfil children’s rights and ensure that children’s voices are heard (particularly those of children most marginalized or living in poverty)
- Build partnerships: with children, communities, governments, civil society and private sector organizations – to influence others and increase our impact.